These release notes are for the self-hosted offering. If you're looking for Sovren's SaaS release notes go here.
May 18, 2018
- If you're using a parser configuration string, regenerate your string in the new human-readable Name=Value pair format. Details on this new configuration string, and a conversion tool are documented here.
- Parse the Sample.doc file (as well as some of your own documents) in the current version you use, and with 9.0 using our Demo Application and save those results to disk.
- Use a document comparison tool to evaluate the differences, specifically the new fields. There is a lot of new metadata provided that could be of high value to integrate in your application. These new fields are detailed below in the New Features section. For a document comparison tool, we really like Beyond Compare.
- Remap your API calls to the new 9.0 methods as described in the API Documentation, make the desired changes to your implementation to leverage the new metadata, change the URL to point to version 9.0, and enjoy.
- Once you have your self-hosted web service API working, you can switch to our hosted API as a failover option at any time by simply changing your URL enpoint from your self-hosted API one to our hosted one.
Better PDF conversions. This better conversion capability is used by the Sovren SaaS Services automatically, so we recommend that you always integrate to the supplied web services rather than to the .NET assemblies directly.
Changes to specific products will be noted in their respective release notes.
Fixed an issue where the
OutputFormat.NormalizeRegions parser setting was being ignored.